Useful information during Covid-19
Ffion Morus Apr 2, 2020
Here are some useful numbers which may help if you need someone to talk to:
- Samaritans : 116 123
- Mind : 0300 123 3393 or text 86463
- Age UK : 0800 678 1602
- Rethink : 0300 5000 927
- Switchboard : 0300 330 0630
- The Silver Line : 0800 470 8090
- Support Network around Wrexham - A list of available contacts in the local community, amidst the COVID-19
- Age Cymru - Official announcement.
From Monday 23 March, we're offering a free check-in-and-chat telephone service for the over 70s in Wales who live alone.
It's hoped that the initiative will help provide some reassurances to older people, answer basic queries and link people to local services and support during the Coronavirus outbreak.
These are potentially difficult times for many older people, especially those living alone who may not have anyone to share their concerns. Others may just want to have a chat about what they saw on television last night. Hopefully, this initiative will help older people cope with some of the challenges arising from the Coronavirus outbreak.
☎️ 08000 223 444
- Government Advice - https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-how-to-help-safely--2/coronavirus-how-to-help-safely?fbclid=IwAR2OtEYWmcXOSxkoQ8jRlE-mw1Botvu-avodQQKLzUuRT-KwmG1nNjv15sQ
- Welsh Government - Looking out for each other safely
- Digital Communities Wales - Our DCW digital inclusion advisors are on hand to provide help with enquiries about digital inclusion and helping people get online in light of the Coronavirus. More information on how we can help can be found: http://bit.ly/DCWCovid19
- Newcis - Useful Contacts and Organisations ☎️
During this difficult time, NEWCIS have compiled a useful list of organisations that may be able to support you over the telephone ⬇️
Alzheimer's Society, British Red Cross, Carers Trust, Dewis Wales, Macmillan Cancer Support, Marie Curie UK, Mind, No Panic, PAPYRUS Prevention of Young Suicide, SANE Mental Health Charity, Tenovus Cancer Care, The Silver Line
- NEWCIS COVID-19 statement: newcis.org.uk/covid-19-newcis-statement/
- AVOW - Services providing telephone befriending for people experiencing isolation.
Self-isolation may mean that some citizens will get no interaction at all. These services can provide telephone befriending for these people, ensuring some human interaction.
The Wrexham Community Map is an interactive map collated by AVOW and the COVID19 Community response, with area contacts across Wrexham County Borough, including Community Councils, Council Members, Community Agents where available. The map will be up-dated frequently with further contact details from volunteers at a community and street level.
If you have information to contribute to the above map, please get in touch with AVOW at 01978 312556 or email COVIDcommunity@avow.org.